eTiny (OpenERP’s web server) shows default header images and style that might not really suit your needs.
Being GPL, you can modify that at will, but you have to know how.
Although it’s probably not the best way to do it, you can easily alter the existing images to show something a little different.
This is all done (on a Debian/Ubuntu server) by changing the files in /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/eTiny-1.[0.1.1]-py2.4.egg/tinyerp/static (the part between brackets may vary) to suit your tastes.
The important files are
So just make a backup, open them, change them and put them back in to get a very light (but refreshing change).
Following an internal meeting at BeezNest, we decided to officially provide services for OpenERP before the end of the year, through an official partnership with Tiny SPRL, the company behind the product.
We found a lot of little bugs and usability problems, and submitted our first bug report following the little comment by Stéphane Wirtel, one of our acquaintances (through other channels than OpenERP) and an official employee of Tiny SPRL (as a developer of OpenERP).
However, and although we found these bugs and usability problems, we recognise the potential of the product and, in comparison with Dolibarr, find that it is much more applicable in our business model (highly technical complexity more necessary to large companies).
Arnaud has taught me a little bit how ti use the product (to be able to demonstrate it commercially) and we have a strong lead with a Peruvian company through our sister company Dokeos Latinoamérica, so we’re probably going to start soon on this project and a French company that seemed to have needs going above what Dolibarr has to offer.
We found a little… tricky to get into the commercial technique of Tiny (providing the product for free but obviously keeping a series of modules under non-free or non-open license) but it all makes sense in a way.
There are countless things we would like to implement into OpenERP, including some way to get an external widget log time into the timesheet module, but that will all probably have to wait until a few months from now. Let’s hope for the best.
I have updated the OpenERP wiki again to add documentation about the possible problems happening when trying to create new databases. Basically, it’s due to one of two reasons:
- the terp user not having a shell to execute the createdb command
- the terp user not using the ident method to execute the createdb command
If you want to know more, check out the troubleshooting page of the OpenERP wiki
I’ve also added the missing documentation about how to enable the server logging on the same page.
Following up on my last piece of news about the update put in the OpenERP wiki about installation under Ubuntu, we have come across a problem today (we are still in our testing phase) as we couldn’t create more databases.
Apparently, the problem was due to the terp (Linux) system user not being assigned a bash by default when created by the Ubuntu package.This meant that the request to create a new database being apparently operated from the command line, OpenERP couldn’t execute this operation successfully. Of course, the terp database user also needs the permission to create databases.
You can easily fix that by changing /bin/false to /bin/bash in your /etc/passwd for that user.
I’ve updated the wiki, so read more about this here. The wiki was previously located here, but apparently it’s been silently removed (which I don’t particularly appreciate). Sadly, the new page doesn’t contain the information I added, and I don’t remember the details. So much for trying to help people…
Cet article a initialement été écrit en décembre 2005 pour le site web technique de BeezNest (http://glasnost.beeznest.org/articles/321).
Quelques instructions pour bidouiller dans Dolibarr directement en SQL.
Il faut primo se connecter sur le serveur de base de données (ici sur glouglou, je suppose qu’on est déjà connecté dessus).
mysql -u root -p dolibarr
Entrer ensuite le mot de passe (on peut aussi remplacer root par un autre utilisateur ayant accès en écriture sur la base de données dolibarr)
Une fois dans MySQL
Pour repasser une facture client de “validée” à “brouillon” connaissant son numéro:
1) Trouver le “rowid” de la facture
select rowid from llx_facture where facnumber = "le numéro avec les guillemets (p. exemple IN0500045)"
2) En retour, nous avons l’entier identifiant uniquement la facture. Il faut alors faire un
update llx_facture set fk_statut = 0 where rowid = "l'entier retourné précédemment SANS les Guillements"
Attention, cette modification conserve l’attribution du n° de facture, ça peut jouer des tours…