Dokeos 1.8.6 BETA 3 is out
After a few weeks of struggling with the dilemn of releasing a third BETA or go directly to the Release Candidates, we finally chose to release a last quick BETA, for a few reasons:
- I had introduced a mistake in the code in the BETA 2 package
- we drastically improved web services (although this is still very badly documented) and in particular the way the system can connect to external systems
- we have fixed a lot of bugs in the new social network section
- we have fixed an annoying bug with user images
- we have introduced an important change in the management of document templates (which have caused us to re-package and made us loose one full day of work)
Each of these changes involved a structural change in the Dokeos files or database, so we could not declare this version a release candidate.
Although we have worked a lot, there are still a few annoying bugs in Dokeos, which we will tackle before the first Release Candidate:
- FCKEditor bugs (the new version brings new features but also new bugs)
- Exercise tool usability (still confusing)
Other problems will be solved one by one as you report them, before we get to the stable release at the end of the month.
Please try out this new version, either by downloading it here: http://www.dokeos.com/download/dokeos-1.8.6-beta3.zip or by trying it out here: http://dev.dokeos.com, and report any problem here: http://projects.dokeos.com